Image Map

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Homemade Healthy Granola Bars

Hello, everyone!

I wanted to share with you this homemade granola bar recipe. I have these in my freezer at this very moment, and I can't wait to devour them. I think that it's important to make your own granola bars, because honestly, it's hard to find ones at the store that are actually healthy. No add-ins, preservatives, chemicals, artificial ingredients...etc. Although there are tons of recipes out there that I could show you, here is just one that I have been into recently. 



Homemade Healthy Granola Bars
  • 1 cup dates
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/4 cup nut butter of choice (I used peanut butter. Make sure your nut butter just has ONE ingredient)
  • 1/4 maple syrup (or honey...or agave)
  • 1/4-1/2 cup pistachios (or any kind of nuts)
Optional add-ins that I used:
  • Pumpkin seeds
  • Cacao nibs (or chocolate chips)
  1. Process the dates in a food processor until it becomes dough-like
  2. Mix in the rest of the ingredients by hand
  3. Mold into shape and place on a pan lined with parchment paper
  4. Stick in the freezer, and enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment