Image Map

Sunday, September 15, 2013

PB + J Milkshake

Over the weekend I was staying with my parents, and one of the nights I was making dinner for my two little brothers.

Brickie was bummed out because my mom wasn't going to let him have regular ice cream that night, and we only had a small amount of almond milk ice cream left.

So, I tried to help him out. I pulled up my favorite vegan dessert blog, www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com, and as usual Katie did not disappoint.

I started scrolling through recipes, and I told Brickie just to tell me when to stop. We ended up in the milkshake category, and specifically a recipe for a "peanut butter and jelly milkshake." I have never heard of that before!

Luckily we had all the necessary ingredients (sometimes I think our pantry is magical).



Brickie was a genius and took it a step further, pouring it over a scoop of almond milk ice cream.

The recipe is simple:

1 cup of frozen raspberries (or any kind of berry)
2 tbsp peanut butter
3/4 cup of almond milk (or coconut, or soy)
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
Ripe banana or maple syrup

Blend it all together, and you have your milkshake!
This literally tastes exactly like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It blew my mind!

If you have little kids that love PB&J, this is perfect for them

Also, check out www.chocolatecoveredkatie.com for some amazing health-i-fied recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment