Image Map

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Raw Pasta + No-Meat Balls




Make this. Just make it, and don't even think twice about it. 

Making noodles out of vegetables has been my latest obsession. There are just so many benefits to it. Low carb being the most obvious. But I just think it's so cool how your noodle is also your vegetable! Ahhhh!

So, I usually make a ballin' peanut sauce pad thai (why the heck have I not done a post on that yet?) but I found this other peanut sauce recipe that tastes just as good but is actually healthier (less sweeter, less sodium etc).

This recipe is going to be a new regular for me. It's just so good, and the best part is...you don't have to cook anything. 

I got the peanut sauce recipe from This Rawsome Vegan Life's version of veggie pasta. Basically my favorite blog ever. (Her pictures are 81238128 time better too)

And the no-meat balls are from One Green Planet
You can click the link for the recipe. I followed it exactly.

Raw Vegan Pasta

1-2 carrots per person
1 zucchini per person (unless it's small...then 2)
handful of cherub tomatoes
cilantro
1 tbsp hemp seeds

Peanut Sauce (probably like...2 servings?):

1 tbsp raw peanut butter
1 tbsp miso paste
1 clove garlic
2 pitted dates
lemon juice
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
pinch of chili powder
*I added >> dash of soy sauce & sirachra  




Method:

Blend all the peanut sauce ingredients in a food processor, and add water until it is nice and creamy.
Take a simple peeler and peel the zucchini and carrots into a bowl. If you have a Mandolin, I'm super jealous.
Dump the peanut sauce into the bowl and mix it all around with your hands, getting an even coat all over the noodles.
In my picture I forgot to add the tomatoes.
Toss in some no-meat balls and decorate with cilantro and sprinkle on some hemp seeds.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment