Image Map

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Raw Vegan Truffles

I am pleased to present to you something of my own creation. 

I planned on just making homemade Larabars (it's a lot cheaper), but something came over me and I just couldn't stop.

In all honesty I was just wingin' it, so I apologize for the lack of measurements in this recipe. But it shouldn't be a problem.

I realize that the possibilities are endless when it comes to the type of "truffle" you can create, but I chose 3: chocolate chip rolled in coconut, cacao rolled in pistachios, and (for the adventurous) carrot cake rolled in coffee. I was just gettin' a little crazy in the kitchen and pulling out anything I could find.


What You Need:

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffle with Coconut:

Big handful of pitted medjool dates (or regular dates and pit them yourself like I did)
Small handful of cashews
Dairy-free chocolate chips
Coconut shreds

Method:

In a food processor or blender, blend the dates and cashews until it makes a somewhat smooth substance. 
Next, scoop the mixture into small little balls and roll it in the coconut shreds.


Cacao Truffle with Pistachios:

Big handful pitted medjool dates
Small handful cashews*
1-2 tbsp raw cacao powder
Ground pistachios

Method: 

Blend dates with cashews and cacao powder. 
Scoop into balls and roll in the pistachios.

 


Carrot Cake Truffles with Coffee Granules: 

Big handful pitted medjool dates
1 carrot
Few cashews*
Pinch of cinnamon, nutmeg, & allspice
Lightly ground coffee beans 

Method:

First pulse the carrot a few times, then add the dates and cashews and spices.
Roll in the ground coffee beans.


*You can technically use any kind of nut. Pecans make it taste like a pecan pie!

Place the truffles onto a dish lined with parchment paper. Then either freeze for 20 min or refrigerate for an hour.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment