Image Map

Friday, August 30, 2013

Raw Burritos {Again!}

I know that I have already done a post on raw burritos, but in my opinion this version is way better!

I just moved into my house this past week, which means I'm a broke college student again. But I refuse to eat like one.

I needed to think of something that I could eat everyday for lunch and that wasn't time consuming. 

So, I came up with these raw wraps/burritos/whatever you want to call them. It's great because it really makes your groceries last. Each day I only needed to use a small portion of each vegetable. 

You can either make these right when you want to eat them, or make them in advance, wrap them in plastic wrap, and take it on the go.



Raw Burritos (Makes 2 or so):

2 big or 4 small collard green leaves
1 zucchini or cucumber (or both. You won't even use all of it.)
1-2 carrots
1/4 of a bell pepper
1/8 of a purple onion
1/4 of an avocado
Small handful of cilantro
Julienne peeler (if you don't have one, you can just cut really thin slices. But a Julienne peeler makes this WAY quicker...and fun)

Hummus:

Can of chickpeas/garbanzo beans
1 tbsp tahini
1/2 lemon
salt to taste



Method:

Blend the ingredients for your hummus.
Pick out 2-4 collard green leaves, preferably no holes. If you cant find 2 big ones, use 4 small ones like I did.
Using a Julienne peeler, peel the zucchini/cucumber and carrots into a pile.
Thinly slice the bell pepper.
Dice the purple onion.
Cut up your avocado.
Spread the hummus on the leaves, then pile on your veggies.
Roll it up.





I ate 2 of these bad boys, and I also had one of these quinoa patties. They are delicious, but I don't know what stores sell them. If you ever see it, you gotta try it! Just pop it in the toaster. I sometimes crumble it into my burrito.




No comments:

Post a Comment