Image Map

Monday, August 5, 2013

Vegan Sushi Rolls

So I know this doesn't make much sense...vegan sushi rolls? I mean, there's no fish. But who cares, it's still delicious and totally fun to make. 


 What you need:

Seaweed nori wraps (I found mine in the international aisle at my grocery store)
Carrots
Avocado
Cucumber
Spinach
Any vegetables you want! I wish I had added purple cabbage to these. That would have been so good.

 
 Method:

Using a julienne peeler (or a knife and some patience), slice your vegetables into thin strips.

 Next, pull out a nori sheet and pile on your sushi fillings. Then, slightly wet the nori sheet so that it softens in order to wrap easily.


Roll up tightly and slice your sushi! 



Dip in some soy sauce and you're good to go! This is also great for someone who may not normally like sushi.

Have you ever made sushi yourself? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment