Image Map

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Quick & Healthy Kids' Lunches

A common thing I hear from people about eating plant-based or just eating healthy is, "Well I could totally do it, but my kids never would go along with it." Or people ask me, "What do you make for your little siblings?" 

While at first I thought that the hardest part about eating this way would be finding recipes that the kids would actually like, it turns out that kids are ten times easier to please than adults. I mean I don't have any kids, so maybe this is a no-brainer to many of you, but it was a great discovery to me. I noticed that my brothers and sisters preferred to eat separated, simple meals rather than a plate of several things mixed together. William even prefers for his food not to be touching.

So here are 3 days of lunches that I made this week for my siblings, and it was a big hit. My sister Ellie asked if every meal could be this way from now on.

Just to be sure I'll go ahead and describe what's on each plate


Apples, cucumber, carrots, celery, broccoli, & vegan ranch dressing. {Ellie prefers oranges for her plate.} Protein source: broccoli {2.6 g per cup}


 

"Ants on a log": celery, peanut butter, & raisins. Bel pepper, kiwi, cucumber, and green apples. Protein source: peanut butter {8g for 2 tbsp} 

Oranges, carrots, pears, and broccoli. Protein source: broccoli {2.6 g per cup}


Of course you can do all kinds of combinations for lunches for kids, but hopefully these plates give you some ideas!



No comments:

Post a Comment