Image Map

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Raw Burrito Wraps

I'm fairly new to the concept of a raw vegan diet, but lately I have been experimenting with it. If you aren't familiar with a raw foods diet, basically it means that you don't cook anything. It's all raw forms of vegetables, fruits, legumes, nuts, and seeds. Sounds crazy, huh? Or perhaps it sounds incredibly boring. Trust me, I thought the same thing. But I have been looking into it quite a bit, and I have been completely amazed. I just imagined salad after salad after salad, or just chewing on a carrot every meal. But I was sooo wrong. A raw food diet could almost be considered an art. Some of the recipes and blogs and restaurants I have discovered have just completely blown my mind, and made me feel like I knew nothing about food and what you can do with it.

Now, I'm not saying that I'm headed towards 100% raw vegan, but I have been incorporating it into my life. At this point in time I eat raw vegetables and fruits in between meals for a snack, but also I have been consuming raw meals just a few times a week. Juicing is also a great way to get nutrients from the raw. 

So, I present to you the raw burrito wrap. I wish I could say that this was my own brain child, but I must give credit where credit is due. I discovered this recipe from thisrawsomeveganlife.com. If you would like to be adventurous, check out her blog. It is seriously amazing...I read it quite often. Click here for the recipe!

Raw Burrito Wraps




Have you ever tried eating raw? Or would you try it?

Leave a comment below!


**If you would like to subscribe to my blog by email, go to the top right corner of this post and you should see "Follow by Email." Type your email in the space provided, and you should receive my new blog posts in your inbox!**

No comments:

Post a Comment