Image Map

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Eating Out: Spiral Diner & Bakery

This past week my brother and I stayed with my aunt in Austin for a week to help around the house, and spend some time with my cousins. On Saturday we then had to go up to the Fort Worth area to attend a wedding reception for our friend Amy. With both the reception and the hotel's food choices being a bit limiting for my vegan diet, I was desperate for some good vegan food. I knew there just HAD to be some place in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area that we could scope out before we drive back to Houston. And man, did I find a good one. It was called Spiral Diner & Bakery. This restaurant is 100% vegan–not a single animal product available. So it just makes it that much easier, and exciting, to order because I know that I can eat anything!

My brother refused to get out of the way of this picture.


The inside was legit, but we decided to eat outside since the weather was so nice!

Nacho Supremo, aka DA BOMB

Cowboy Burger

Gluten-free burger with a nut-based patty

Protein Platter

Jamaican BBQ Sandwich (mine)

Homemade Peanut Butter Cup

Raw Chocolate Carrot Cake
 

 We also had several milkshakes as well, but we scarfed them down too quickly for me to snap a picture. They were delicious!

I really enjoyed eating here. I have never had such a difficult time ordering...there were just so many choices! They had tons of wraps/burritos, burgers, salads, sandwiches, and even pasta! I can't wait to go back and try something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment